Introduction to the Hayward Salt Cell
Salt water chlorinators are also referred to as salt cell units. Since most pool owners make an abrupt decision to change their pool into a salt water pool without any previous knowledge of the models of salt cells, they usually find themselves at a crossroads not being able to decide which is the best salt cell unit to invest their money in. for this reason, we have come up with a comprehensive buying guide and reviews of the best salt cell units available in the market that will give you some insights on the best available products, the key specifications that you should pay close attention to, and the types of salt cell systems and what differentiates them.
Types of salt cell units
1. Standard and self-cleaning units
These come in two different types. The only aspect that differentiates them is just like their label states, a standard type, and a self-cleaning type. The standard unit requires regular removal of the cell for a cleaning process which is done using some acid mixed with pure water to dissolve calcium that builds up over time. The self-cleaning models, just as their labeled states, reverse their polarity from time to time to deter the calcium buildup.
2. Power backup timer salt cell units
This is another type that comes with an in-built power back up timer. All their settings are conveniently stored in these timers to be used in case of a power blackout. This feature acts as a sensor to alert the unit when the water is not flowing normally so that it can automatically power off when there is a fault in the operation.
3. Built-in PH salt cell units
In recent days, salt water chlorinator manufacturers are coming up with units which come with a built-in PH control. These units have a smart technology that measures the PH level in your pool and automatically adds acid to bring it to the right amount.
Advantages of salt cell units
-installation of these units saves you on pool maintenance money because you spend less time trying to get rid of bacteria and algae.
– the units also generate chlorine using their smart technology so that you are assured of the right amount of chlorine in your pool all the time
– the amount of salt released in your pool is about the same level as of human tears. Therefore, you do not have to worry about the salt irritating your eyes when swimming
– the levels of chlorine releases are very low and will not cause any side effects on your skin or hair.
Below, we are going to look at some of the highest rated salt cell units from Hayward, one of the top leading brands famed for the manufacture of the bestselling salt cell units in the market.
1. Hayward Goldline T-Cell-15 Turbocell salt Chlorination Cell
This unit is perfectly built for in-ground pools with a capacity to chlorinate up to 40,000 gallons of water at a go. The T-cell series comes in different size ranges that let you choose the appropriate size for your pool. For the most efficient chlorination process in the most cost-effective way, this unit wins hands down. It comes with a 15 feet cable that ensures that the chlorine is evenly distributed to all corners of your pool. The cells are based on a high profile turbo cell technology that makes the Goldline T-Cell-15 one of the bestselling models from the Hayward brand. The cells have a self-renewing feature that automatically produces fresh, new chlorine for clear, soft and safe pool water.
- Perfect for larger pools with a water capacity of up to 40,000 gallons
- Comes with a long convenient cable
- Enhanced with the best-advanced turbo cell technology
- Cost and energy efficient
- Available in different sizes for different pool capacities
- This unit might require regular cleaning to get rid of the calcium buildups.
2. Hayward T-Cell-3 Turbocell salt Chlorination Cell
The next turbo cell model from Hayward brand is the T-Cell-3 chlorination cell which has been tested and proven by the National Sanitation Foundation. Just like its bigger brother, this unit is famed for genuinely delivering chlorine to pools and spas in the last decade. It is among the highest ranked chlorination cells producing soft, silky water that does not cause any type of irritation to the eyes or the skin. This is atop performance unit that should not be of any worry when it comes to the overall use. Thanks to its overall design and configuration, you will always find its use pleasant and easy. With an easy to view display that allows the user to conveniently check the salt levels, cleanliness of the cell, sanitization output and the water flow, the user can be able to make proper adjustments based on what they see.
- reliable performance that can only be delivered by a turbo cell
- independently tested and proven to deliver excellent services for a longer life
- huge savings of up to 50% or more over conventional chlorine
- capacity to chlorinate pools with a water capacity of up to 25,000 gallons
- provides consistent sanitation.
- Requires a power center that is sold as a separate entity
3. Hayward Goldline T-Cell-9 Salt Chlorination Cell
This is another model readily available in the market today. It goes to show the level of commitment that Hayward has put in marketing their products and ensuring that they deliver nothing less of their standard quality. This chlorinator cell comes with all the features in an electronic pool chlorinator system. It has the best automation and user-friendly settings which include a fully programmable control meaning that you can make the unit works as good as you would like it to. The model is strategically enhanced with sensors that accurately detect the ORP and ph levels in your pool water before dispensing a self-renewing of pure, fresh chlorine to get just the right levels. With this unit, you will completely forget about the regular sanitization of your pool, plus you get to enjoy clear, soft water that does not cause irritation to your eyes or any allergic reactions to your skin. The unit also converts the dissolved salts in your pool into chlorine which significantly minimizes your maintenance time. This also goes a long way in reducing the chores of mixing liquid chlorine or factory tablets.
- Gets rid of the harsh smell and taste on chlorine
- Famed for effectiveness and efficiency
- Offers an impressive sanitization consistency
- Effectively maintains the correct ph levels
- The unit is fully programmable
- The unit is quite expensive
- Needs regular cleaning to eliminate the calcium buildups
How to choose the best salt cell unit
Choosing the right unit will not only guarantee you a lifetime of reliability and effectiveness, but also safety and hygiene throughout the year. Therefore, below are some of the tips that you should look at before investing your money in a certain model.
Ensure that the salt cell unit you are going for has a reliability guarantee meaning that it should be designed to be hassle-free, and last for a significant period of time especially if it is to be used in salty water. The unit should be powerful enough to withstand harsh weather conditions too.
2. The reputation of the brand or manufacturer
It is also advisable for you to go for a model from a reputable manufacturer. This will assure you that the product is of high quality and a worthy investment from a brand with great customer service.
3. Low maintenance and modern technology features
The unit you are getting should have a good aesthetic appeal featuring a cutting-edge design which is approved by the appropriate authorities. Also, consider getting a unit that is self-cleaning to minimize the frequency of maintenance services required.