Introduction to Intex Ultra Frame Pools
Intex Recreational Corp. is a worldwide based family of companies that specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of above ground pools, spas, boats, furniture, toys, and other products. They have been in operation for the last 40 years, with each year elevating them more and more above the quality fame ladder. Their objective, especially in the production of above ground pools, is to deliver high-quality products at a pocket-friendly cost. Their Ultra frame above ground pool is specially made for fun, comfort, and safety, bringing out impeccable merchandise with outstanding customer service. In the last 10years, they have been working hand in hand with their suppliers in an effort to minimize the number of fossil fuels used in the production of their products, with the aim to minimize their carbon footprint. They also routinely test-run their finished products to ensure that they all meet their elevated standards for value, quality, and safety.
While looking at the Intex Ultra Frame Pools, we find that they have round pools ranging between 14 to 26 feet with a height range of between 42 and 52 inches. The rectangular pools, on the other hand, have a perimeter range of between 18 to 32 feet and a similar height of 52 inches in all of them, combined with quality, durability and a great competitive price. Below, we are going to look at some of the bestselling and top-rated ultra-frame pools reviews.
1. Intex 14’ x 42” Ultra Frame Above Ground Swimming Pool with Filter Pump
This is a premium quality product that has the capacity to fit an entire average-sized family plus a few friends. It is designed with a grey pool liner that is laminated with colorful and brilliant white copings and a cool water-blue interior that amazingly brings out the pool’s beauty. This pool is very easy to assemble because it comes with some user-friendly pieces and a user manual and hence putting the concisely shaped pieces together a walkover experience. The pool package comes with the complete equipment and accessories that you might need to make your pool the most fun place to be. The package set includes a ladder, cartridge filter pump, pool cover, and ground cloth. The setup is further made easier with an instructional DVD that shows you the step by step installation process so that your pool is ready for water in a maximum of 45 minutes.
- Easy to set up and can be ready in just 45 minutes
- A large premium quality pool that can fit an average-sized family and friends
- Brings out an extraordinary aesthetic appeal with a soft laminated liner and a water-blue colored interior
- Comes with a unique framing for extra sturdiness
- Equipped with a cartridge filter pump
- Comes with a strong ladder with a capacity to hold a weight of 300 pounds
- The product is said to have a harmful chemical product that can cause birth defects
- It can only be used by people who are 6 years or older
2. Intex 16’ x 48” Ultra Frame Pool Set With Sand Filter Pump
This spacious intra-frame pool set presents a great opportunity for you to enjoy some quality time with your family and friends. The pool is engineered using strong and durable steel frames which are strategically power coated for effective resistance against rust, while at the same time bringing out an extraordinary aesthetic appeal. Its pieces are perfectly shaped so that they can be easily assembled. The pieces perfectly interlock with each other securely such that separate locking pins are not needed in the assembly process. The pool’s liner is designed with a durable, 3-ply puncture resistant material, reinforced further with an all-round band that keeps the legs in place firmly. For extra sturdiness, the pool is accessorized with an innovative frame design which also enhances the unique appearance of the pool.
Additionally, the pool incorporates a hydro aeration technology which is a feature in the cartridge filter pump providing an extra improved filtration and circulation of water. That is not all, the cartridge filter pump also improves the clarity of the water and the negative ions on the surface of the water.
- Comes with a 110-120v clear sand filter pump
- Has an impressive pump flow rate of 1,200 GPH
- Accessorized with a ground cloth, debris cover and pool ladder
- Has a 90% water capacity of 5,061 gallons
- Easy and quick set up, the pool is ready for use within 45 minutes
- Has an age limit of 6+ years
- The pump is insufficient and may require to be replaced after a short time
3. Intex 18’ x 52” Ultra XTR Frame Pool Set With Sand Filter Pump
This summer, you can enhance your backyard with this beautiful, blue tile above ground pool, rated at 4.5 stars. This is another creation from Intex that is very spacious and features a graphite exterior. This is a top of the line pool that incorporates style and quality, with an additional feature of an easy set up so that within no time, it is ready for the ultimate summer fun for you and your family.
The pool is further accessorized with a filter pump, liner, and frame which all come with a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty. With a 110-120v Krystal Clear Sand filter pump, the pool features a very powerful filtration system and a pump flow rate of 2,100gph powered by hydro aeration technology. The pool is enhanced with strong galvanized steel with an advanced inner and outer powder coating that protects it against rust. Its innovative steel frame strategically optimizes weight distribution and shape for better durability and sturdiness. It also has some mind-blowing T-joints that are strategically engineered to feature strength, with an additional accessory of a metal framer.
The setup process is quite easy with pieces that are designed to easily fit together so that there is no need for an extra pin to lock them together.
- Has a large water capacity of 6,980 gallons
- Easy setup and ready for water in just 60 minutes
- Comes with a sturdy 3-ply liner that is designed with high resistance to tearing and puncture
- Engineered for strength with composite T-joints
- Features an excellent water filtration system
- Comes with an innovative steel frame that enhances adequate weight distribution
- To some extent, the pool is quite expensive
- Has an age limit
- The poles easily rust through
Above ground, pools offer as many benefits as their high-end cousins, the in-ground pools. Due to the overabundance of above ground pools in the market today, choosing the right pool for your family can be a tedious task. To make sure that you don’t fall for the buyer’s remorse that can make you pick any product, just to start regretting after a short time, below are some steps that you should put into consideration while selecting the best Intex ultra frame pool set.
- Your Budget- Obviously, the quality you will get will depend on your budget. Ask yourself which is the best practice and which pool you can get without necessarily stressing your budget
- The location and area for the pool- Having the location in mind while purchasing your pool will help you pick the right size. However, do not trust your instincts when it comes to estimating the available space. For this, you might want to take actual measurements.
- The height and shape of the pool- If you have already selected a location for your pool, this step should be easy. All you have to decide is whether to go for a round or a rectangular shaped pool. The other factor that might be affected by height is the location of the pool. Most Intex ultra frame pools come in 36 to 54 inches’ height range.