Inline Water Filter – Should You Have One In Your Home?
There is little doubt that the quality of water in our homes is becoming a matter of concern. While it may not have happened across the board, there are many areas where the water tables are down. This leads to contamination of the water that is supplied to our homes. The contamination could be in the form of minerals, salts and natural chemicals that could be harmful to our body. It also could be because of contamination because of viruses, bacteria and other microorganisms. This could expose the users to various risks like infections, illnesses and other sorts of physical ailments. Hence, having clean, safe and pure drinking water for you and your family members is therefore no longer a luxury but is becoming a big and critical necessity for all of us. A water filter is an obvious appliance that comes to our mind when we think about clean, pure and safe drinking water. There are different types of water filters and in this article, we will spend a bit of time getting to know more about inline water filter. We will understand what exactly it is and what the main advantages are of using this type of water filter.
What Is Inline Water Filter?
Put in plain and simple words, an inline water filter is a filter that works by being a part of the particular water supply. When we talk about homes we refer to a filter that supplies pure and cold water faucet in the kitchen. This type of water filter is attached directly to the overall water supply source or to a pipe that runs below the sink. Water gets filtered as it passes through the filter. The filter has a ceramic candle inside it apart from other contaminant killers and purifying agents. Hence, you can be sure that you will be getting pure and clean water on your kitchen faucet for the entire family. It will help to keep diseases and infections away and you will also get drinking and cooking water that tastes good apart from being free from harmful pesticides, chemicals, and naturally occurring minerals.
Advantages of An Inline Water Filter
There are some unmistakable and obvious benefits and advantages associated with inline water filters. Let us have a look at a few of them:
- Quality inline water filters are considered to be extremely efficient and have a discreet way to filter the water and make it free from impurities, chemicals, contaminants, and microorganisms.
- They can easily be fitted under the counter and therefore can help save space in modern-day kitchens where the homes are not very big.
- They operate regularly and therefore you do not have to empty containers or take regular action to activate the filter.
- Modern-day inline water filters come packed with ceramic technology and this helps to remove 99.99% of contaminants from drinking water. The list of metals and contaminants is quite big and could range from heavy metals to chlorine, waterborne cysts, pathogenic bacteria and even cysts such as cryptosporidium and giardia.
- Further, these filters come with high-quality ceramic candles that are located inside the filters. The filters need replacements only once in six months.
- To sum up, there is no denying the fact that these filters are known for the discreet functioning apart from being compact.
- They are long-lasting and are also readily available.
- As mentioned above, they help in saving space without compromising on the efficiency and working on the filter.
To sum up, things, if you are looking for a long-lasting and no-fuss and tidy drinking water filtering system, it would be better to go in for a good inline water filter system. However, you have to do your research and then choose the right one. With so many options being available choosing the right inland water filter could often become a tough, confusing and indecisive job. To make things easier for our readers, we are happy to share reviews of three different makes and models of the inline water filter. Each one of them is unique and therefore the customers will be able to get a reasonably good idea about the things to consider before buying an inland water filter system
Woder WD-S-8K-DC Water Filtration System
This water filter comes from the house of Woder and it certainly has many unique and different features that make it quite different from many other such models. This is a WQA certified inland water filter and made in the USA. It can be directly connected under the sink and is capable or removing a number of metals and chemicals including chromium, lead, and chlorine and other types of heavy metals. It also could be useful in treating odor-causing bacteria, chemicals, and other such contaminants. It is feature-rich and here are a few of the main features that could be useful for our customers.
This is an ultra-high capacity water filter. It is built to last for a minimum of 3 years or around 8,500 gallons. However, it has to be treated with cold water and not well water. It is made in the USA and therefore no plumbing is required. It comes with direct connect hoses and the same can be directly fitted into the standard 3/8 inch water valves. It is compatible with most bathroom sink in the US kitchens. The 3/8 inch direct hoses also conform to standard size specifications. It also comes with the unique WQA Gold Seal certifications and it conforms to the ANSI/NSF 42 standards for taste, odor and chlorine removal. You will get a flow rate of around 2GPM. The selective filtration technology ensures that the Woder filters have the capacity of removing 99.99% of contaminants without disturbing essential minerals. On the whole, it is a good value for money and it reasonably priced.
- The best of quality both in looks and performance.
- Ergonomically designed
- Easy to install
- Lasts long with a useful shelf life of at least three years or 8500 gallons.
- You can do away with bottles in the fridge and drink the purest of water with 99.99% filtration ensured.
- Some customers believe that the PPM for water does not change much.
AquaCrest Inline Water Filter
This is a high-quality inland water filter from Aqua Crest. It is suitable for high-quality filtration and it has a number of interesting features. It is from the house of Aqua Quest. It is made from premium materials and amongst other things it has activated carbon. This provides fresh and pure water by removing harmful contaminants. The water also tastes great and is free from chlorine odor and taste. Additionally, it also has a number of other features.
It is capable of removing harmful fluoride and therefore it reduces the health and other risks associated with fluoride. Further, it also can eliminate limescale and that could protect various household appliances from damage and extend their life. The filter is well-designed with quality ergonomics and it helps in a tool-free installation process and it also has a leak-free fit. It is reasonably priced, but without any compromise on quality. The filters need replacement every six months or after 2000 gallons for the best of performance.
- Made from high-quality materials.
- It removes almost all possible contaminants
- Makes water odor-free and free from chlorine odor.
- One of the best options for removing excess fluoride.
- Intelligently designed to save space.
- Easy to install and maintain
- Very reasonably priced and offers good value for money.
- Not the best of after-sales services.
- Spare parts do not come on time.
Filtrete Advanced Water Filtration System
This is another quality inline water filter from the house of Filtrete. They have a rich track record and have been around for many years. This is an under sink water filtration system. Apart from being easy to install, it also performs well as far as removing impurities and contaminants are concerned. It can reduce 0.5 microns sediment and also remove chlorine odor and taste. It works mainly on a 6 monthly filter. Here are some more features that are worth mentioning.
It comes with a 3M water filtration system and it ensures better-tasting water that also is free from impurities and contaminants. The good thing is that it available as and when you need it. The pure water is available just by opening the faucet. You can be sure that this water filtration system will help to remove microbial cysts, soil, sand, rut, sediment and also silt. It can connect to any kitchen or other standard faucets. It is very easy to install and the installation process can be completed in less than 30 minutes. The filter has a life of six months after which it has to be replaced.
- It is extremely good looking and can save on space.
- It is capable of removing almost 99.99% of all types of impurities.
- It is reasonably priced and therefore you will get full value for money.
- It helps to maintain full water flow on the existing faucet.
- Extremely easy to install and maintain. All that is required is changing of water filter every six months.
- Long-lasting, durable and is made from high-quality materials.
- The replacement spare parts are not of the best quality.
- Not the best of after-sale services.
We are sure that the above information would have given our readers a reasonably good idea about inland water filter. The above three models are just one of the many makes and models that are available in the market. Before investing in the right water filter, proper research and information should be gathered so that you are able to get the best value for money.