How to choose the Best Hayward Pool Filter
If you want to avoid gross, cloudy water and enjoy swimming in a clean pool, then a pool filter is something that you should consider investing in. Getting the right type of filter means that you fully understand all the terms related to a pool filter so that you can make an informed choice when selecting the dimensions and specifications of your pool filter. There are three major types of pool filters namely:
- Sand Filters: These are mostly preferred by in-ground pool owners because of their ease of maintenance and affordability. They function by trapping all the debris particles through a large sandy bed that filters them as precisely as 20 microns. The sand filters are not convenient for large debris. Cleaning these types of filters includes a backwashing process. The sand is easy to maintain as it only requires to be replaced every 5 to 7 years, depending on the location of your pool.
- Cartridge Filters: Modern-day pool experts speak highly of cartridge pool filters because they are quite easy to maintain and can filter down 5-10 microns. This type uses a very thin cloth that filters out particles and debris from your pool.
- Diatomaceous Earth Filters: This is the most recently introduced method of pool water filtration that combines a cartridge-style with a natural substance referred to as Diatomaceous Earth, a natural material that is ground into a fine powder and used as a filter to remove particles as minute as 3 microns
In this post, we are going to look at some of the highest-rated pool filters from Hayward Brand.
1. Hayward S31OT2 Pro-Series 30 inch Top Mount Sand Filter
This Hayward pool filter made specifically for in-ground pools comes in five different sizes. It is a top-mounted type of filter that can be easily set up for immediate functionality. It is designed in such a way that it is capable of acquiring the best speed flow possible at any pressure level, making it one of the most effective ways to clean your pool. The Hayward brand has specifically designed this Hayward pool filter to be an easy maintenance unit. The sand inside the filter is strategically spread for a maximum filtration process that leaves you with crystal clear water and pleasant swimming experience.
It is also important to note that the S310T2 series is energy efficient, a perfect pick for saving you money on utility bills while at the same time featuring immense reliability and function. The backwashing process is quite easy and can be done within a few minutes.
- Comes with a Vari-Flow valve that enhances maximum flow at any pressure level
- Quick and easy installation and backwashing process
- It is an energy-efficient unit
- Designed for durability with long-lasting creation materials
- Strategically spread sand for a maximum filtration process
- Maintenance is often needed
- More pressure application is needed when there is too much debris on the sand.
2. Hayward Pool Filter S244S Pro-Series 1-1/2 inch Vari-Flow Valve
This Hayward pool filter is one of the latest additions from Hayward in the classification of pool filters. The filter is designed using corrosion free thermoplastic materials featuring one of the most advanced lateral, self-cleaning drainage system that allows a smooth, consistent flow and a well-balanced backwashing process. It also features a rugged Hayward pool filter based mold which is designed for durability and all-weather performance. The unit is also very easy to install and requires very minimal maintenance. In case of a pressure drop, the unit is enhanced with a 6-position vari- flow valve that improves the flow significantly.
- Easy installation and maintenance
- A 6 positions vari-flow valve that improves the flow even when there is a drop in pressure
- The unit is designed to be long-lasting, accessorized with a rugged plastic filter base that provides excellent performance in all weathers
- Comes with a self-cleaning lateral drain system
- Requires regular maintenance
- It’s not resistant to rust especially in saltwater
3. Hayward C5030 525 Square Foot SwimClear Cartridge Filter
Hayward released this cartridge Hayward pool filter model in 5 different sizes. It is both a strong and heavy-duty unit that effectively resists harsh heat or cold and any other element hence working excellently in any location. It has a Noryl outer shell, a strong co-polymer material that is additionally reinforced with glass. The debris filtration area is large enough so that you do not have to regularly service the unit. This is further enhanced by the ability to hold quite a large amount of debris and dirt before it needs to be cleaned.
Once cleaning is done, opening the system and removing the filters for hosing is a very easy task that can be done within a very short time, usually in minutes. Regular maintenance can also be done without necessarily having to interfere or mess with any pipes at all. It also has a self-aligning bottom and top halves that further eases the maintenance and installation process for you.
- Clean out is mate easy and fast by the 1 and ½ inch drainage
- It has a low profile base tank that is very easy to work with
- Its Bulkhead is created using a strong Noryl Material
- It comes in a simple design for easy maintenance and servicing
- Although the installation process is easy, it can be quite expensive
- Cartridge filters have to be replaced after every 3 years
4. Hayward CC15093s XStream Full-Flo Horsepower Filtration Filter
This Hayward pool filter is an excellent choice for any large, above ground pool. It is strategically designed to withstand any outdoor elements that can affect an above ground Hayward pool filter. The unit is reinforced with glass making it sturdy and non-corrosive to last a very long time before the need for a replacement.
It comes with a 1.5HP motor that is strong enough to keep the pump running in good condition for its entire lifetime. There are hooks fitted in and out of the Hayward pool filter that allows for different types of pumps or other plumbing devices to be connected to the unit, making this filter one of the most compatible model. Based on the manufacturer’s specification, this filter is suitable for servicing large pools that have a capacity to hold up to 57,000 gallons of water, enhanced by its large filtration capacity. The large filtration service area is also great for a quick water turnover or any large above ground pool.
- Comes with extra safety features for better efficiency and closure
- Equal filtration for a longer cartridge life
- Made from heat resistant and weatherproof materials
- Comes with flexible plumbing options
- Equipped with a 1.5 Hp motor
- Just like in any other cartridge filter, the installation can be quite expensive
- It requires to be replaced often, usually after every 3 years
Depending on your preference or what you have in mind for your pool, any Hayward pool filter can do an excellent job. However, most pool experts recommend cartridge filters especially for large pools because they are more precise in the filtration of particles and debris. They also do not require backwashing like their counterparts, the sand filters. However if you are looking for a budget unit and you do not mind very minute particles in your pool you can always go for a sand filter, which is also very good. Similarly, if you want the clearest water in your pool, a D.E filter is also an option. Still, you have to keep in mind the type of pool you own because what works for an in-ground pool may not necessarily work for an above ground pool. You can always seek the opinion of a pool expert before purchasing a filter so that you are sure of the type of filter to go for.