Whether above ground or in-ground, a pool is considered to be a significant investment. Every pool owner might, therefore, want to take some time to keep their pool in perfect condition. The best way to save money on pool maintenance is by keeping the pool water clean, and on the same note, the best tool to achieve this is an Intex pool pump. A pool filter on its own cannot do much, this is why getting the right kind of pump is crucial. The design of an Intex pump is what determines if the water in your pool will be clean circulating water or dirty stagnant water. Different models of Intex pool pumps feature the pump’s motor, the filter pump and other accessories that we are going to look at in the list below.
1. Intex Krystal clear sand filter pump for above ground pools
With a rating of 4.5 stars, rated by more than 3,000 pool owners, it is obvious that this intex pool pump’s category is in the big leagues. It combines both quality and affordability, making it an unbeatable customer selection, which is reflected by the number of thumbs up it has attracted. It is the most ideal gadget for above ground pools. It is designed with an average flow rate of 2,450 GPH or 41GPM. That is just an average, the actual flow rate of this Intex sand filter can go up to 3,000GPH.
With a total voltage of between 110-120v, this Intex pool pump is equipped with a safety feature referred to as the Ground Circuit fault Interrupter with automatically cuts the power flow to the system to completely stop the electric current whenever it senses an abnormality or malfunction of the system. With this kind of sensor and safety features, this makes the Intex Krystal Clear Intex Sand Filter the best choice for the regular service pool.
In addition, this device is equipped with a sand filtration tout. The purpose of the sand is to refresh and soften the pool water while preventing the formation of algae in the water to keep it properly sanitized and replenished. This Intex sand filter comes with a total of 6 different setting modes which include backwashing, filtering, and rinsing. The other three modes include recirculation, drainage and system closure, and they are the last ones in operation. These operations are automatic and function strictly in that order. The motor has a power of 0.95hp.
- The system comes with a 24-hour timer which allows the owner to set the period in which the Intex pool pump will be in operation.
- This Intex sand filter requires very little maintenance and unlike any other filtering gadget, you only need to replace it every 5 years when it’s really necessary.
- The model has a versatile design for universal use. It can be used for pools with a minimum diameter of 16 feet.
- The weight of the sand increases the overall weight of the device, making this Intex sand filter relatively heavier than others in its category.
2. Intex Krystal Clear cartridge filter pump design for above ground pools
The intex cartridge filter is a powerful above pool pump with a voltage power of 110-120v. It comes with a very reliable cartridge filter that requires little or no maintenance. The cartridge can be replaced every 2 weeks in case the user deems fit but this is not really necessary. You can choose to simply clean it and reuse it again and again. The cartridge categorizes as type b, is the only accessory of this 2,500GPH filter pump that needs occasional replacement. The cartridge filter pump is equipped with a valve at the bottom of the filtration chamber that flushes out debris, making the intex sand filter a very user-friendly device that is easy to maintain. The chamber has another automatic chamber that releases trapped air to avoid access to the pressure inside the machine. The Intex Pool pump is also very portable featuring a lightweight design of less than 23lb.
- The device is universal and can be used in any above ground Intex pool with less than 25-foot diameter
- The Intex Pool pump is equipped with a Ground Circuit Fault Interrupter, a very quick and sensitive circuit breaker that cuts off the electric current whenever it senses an abnormality in the machine to avoid unforeseen incidents.
- The Intex pool pump usage is limited to swimming pools that have a metal frame only.
3. Intex 28681EG 120V 16 Inch Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump and Saltwater System
With a 16-inch diameter tank, the 28681EG Sand filter and the Saltwater system is capable of holding up to 100lbs of sand at a go. It also has a power capacity of 120v with a saltwater system that further contributes to clearer, sparkling and clean water. The flow rate of the saltwater system is 2,200GPH with the sand filter pump sucking in the water at a rate of 2,650GPH. Just like any other Intex pump system in this category, the 28681EG also has a safety feature readily armed with the Ground-fault Circuit interrupter that will stop the flow of electric current immediately there is a glitch in the machine’s operation.
- Uses Salt in the Place of Chlorine. Using salt to sanitize water instead of chlorine will still bear the same results but with fewer effects on the human body and the surrounding ecosystem. The saltwater system is also easy to maintain and user-friendly. Chlorine has very adverse allergic effects on some sensitive skin.
- Saltwater is the most favorable for piping. Saltwater system treatment purifies water that is not only very safe on all types of human body skins, but also safe for all metallic frames of the pool and does not cause corrosion to the metal piping, unlike chlorinated water. The piping system, therefore, gets an extended life span.
- The pump’s usage is limited only to pools that have a water capacity of 15,000 gallons.
4. Intex 28635EG Krystal Clear Cartridge filter pump for above ground pools
This cartridge pool filter pump with a capacity of 1,500 gallons suited for a number of above ground pools ranging between 16 and 18 feet diameter. While operating on standard household current, this Intex sand filter offers the solution of a practical filter pump. Each cartridge will last up to two weeks when used regularly. At the bottom of the pump’s chamber, there is a valve to flush out sediments and debris from the unit. At the top of the unit, there is another valve the releases trapped air to avoid pressure building inside the unit, which could otherwise interfere with the smooth flow of water inside the unit. The Intex pool pump comes in a slim and attractive design and is very effective in energy conservation.
- The pump’s impeller and motor bearing are properly lubricated for an extra quiet operation and do not dry up enhancing a smooth running throughout.
- The unit also has double insulation to ensure that it maintains its quality feature even in the very cold or hot seasons. This is because the unit is designed with double insulation chambers so that the water does not freeze even when the machine is not in operation.
- If you are looking for an Intex sand filter that is quick in operation, then this is not it. The 28635EG unit is meant for thorough filtering and cleaning, not quick operations.
Conclusion of the best intex pool pump
Before settling on an Intex pool pump, always ensure that the unit has the capacity to move enough water to appropriately match the size of your pool. It would also be helpful to note that sand filter pumps are more durable but are not very effective in energy conservation. The bottom line is, however, Intex pool pumps are the best choice for any above ground pool. This is because the filtering system for an above ground pool pump is correctly paired with the appropriate horsepower by Intex in all its products.