What is a Wall Hung Toilets & What Are Its Advantages & Downsides
There is little doubt that wall toilets are often referred to like a designer’s dream. They are good-looking, sleek and they help in saving quite a bit of space in your bathroom. In today’s world where space certainly is a big problem, there is no doubt that it makes sense to do some research and then choose the best wall hung toilet. You can do away with that unsightly tank and it can also be installed at the right height for you. Since the breeze does not come in contact with the floor, wall toilets could make the entire bathroom smell better and the area around it quite clean. Further, you also could hide those unwanted working and plumbing parts. The tank is made from plastic that is lightweight and other materials such as Styrofoam.
The tank sits behind the wall and it is cradled with the help of steel carrier or cast-iron supports. These can be installed in between the two studs and it can provide the right support. The bowl of the toilet floats above the floor and it is anchored with the help of drywall to the carrier. However, not many of us know much about wall hung toilets. In this article, we will try and get to know more about the pros and cons of wall-hung toilets so that the readers and prospective customers have better knowledge and information. We also will review three different models of wall hung toilet and this again may come in handy for those who are keen on choosing the best wall hung toilet at the right price.
Let us get started by understanding the possible advantages of choosing a wall hung toilet over the conventional one.
- Wall hung toilets help provide the bathroom with clean lines. The lines are usually concealed inside the walls. This goes a long way in turning the bathroom into a stylish place. It can certainly complement the rest of the home’s décor and be in line with the overall theme that you have in mind. This is done by carefully and intelligently concealing the water outlets and various other fixtures and fittings of any conventional toilet. These fixtures and fittings often stick out and look an eyesore and spoil the entire looks and appearances of the home.
- There is no denying the fact that space is a big problem in many homes, more so in big cities and towns. Hence, there is always a need to save space and this includes the space that is available in the bathroom. When you go in for a wall hung toilet you can be sure that you will be able to space quite a bit of space in your bathroom. This is because such types of toilets do not take up any floor space that is the case with conventional toilets. This helps you to have the toilet installed in any convenient space. It could be near the water source and this could perhaps go a long way in saving more space. It will leave more space for decorating and making your bathroom look even better.
The Flip Sides
However, there are some disadvantages with regard to these wall hung toilets. Cost is perhaps one of the biggest inhibiting factors. A wall hung toilet certainly costs much more than conventional toilets. The cost does not take into account installation costs and various other costs associated with the right hanging of the toilet of the wall.
There also is the chance of a wall hung toilet becoming loose over a period of time. This is because of the pressure exerted on the wall mount. There could be a need for constant adjustments. You also may have to change certain fixtures and fittings with the help of a qualified and experienced plumber. The recurring expenses could be a drag on your costs. There are many homes where customers have come across leakages from these toilets. This is more when compared to the conventional floor-mounted toilets. This again will lead to increased repair and maintenance costs.
However, there is no denying the fact that the advantages are much more than the downsides as far these wall hung toilets are concerned. We now have a reasonably good idea as to how wall hung toilets work and what are the pros and cons associated with it. We will now spend some time having a look at three makes of wall-hung toilets. As mentioned earlier, it may be helpful to our readers who are keen on buying the best wall hung toilet at the best price.
Swiss Madison SM-WT450 Wall Hung Toilets
This is a stylish-looking, tough and quality wall hung toilet. The model # is SM-WT450. Those who something about wall hung toilets would certainly understand that Swiss Madison has a good track record as far as these types of products are concerned. It looks extremely attractive and good in its glossy white color. It also has a number of other features and we are happy to share a few of them for the benefit of our readers.
This comes with a number of interesting features including dual flush. This helps save water. Further, it can flush out around 1.28 gallons per flush (GPF) and it works on high-performance gravity technology. It is one of the few wall-hung toilets that is compatible with various carrier brands. Further, it also is made from high-quality porcelain and it is a one-piece seamless product. This makes it easy to clean and easy to maintain. It also comes with a slim and soft-close and quick-release seat. This helps the seat to close quietly and gently. The bolts and screws needed for the installation of this wall hung toilet is included. The screws and bolts are coated with special materials that prevent rusting and corrosion.
- Looks extremely good.
- It is a sleek one-piece wall hung toilet.
- A dual-flush helps in saving water without compromising on quality.
- It is suitable for homes and bathrooms where space is a big constraint.
- It offers good value for money.
- It comes with an overall dimension of 20.5 inches x 14.6 inches x 12 inches.
- It weighs 48 pounds.
- The flush quality may not be the best.
Kohler Wall Hung Toilet K-6299
There is hardly any doubt that when it comes to high-quality toilets, some names stand apart. Kohler is one such name that has stood the test of time. This particular wall hung toilet with model #K-6299 looks fantastic. The looks are supplemented and complemented by the performance and therefore customers are quite happy about it. We will have a look at the various important features that go into making this a suitable candidate for the best wall hung toilet in the market today.
It is a one-piece toilet that can easily be hung on the wall. It has many other features including elongated and compact bowl. This helps in added comfort and it occupies the same space as that of a round-front bowl. The mounting hardware has been intelligent thought of and is completely concealed. All this goes a long way in giving the veil a seamless and sleek look. It is easy to clean and maintain. It also has a wall-hung bowl and the Q3 grip tight reveal seat is also something that we need to talk about. It combined well with K-6284 and other carrier systems. This helps to create a complete toilet that is a combination of good looks, performance, and long life.
- Another quality wall hung toilet from Kohler.
- Looks extremely good.
- It offers a comfortable elongated bowl but does not occupy extra space.
- Easy to install and maintain.
- Made from the best quality materials.
- You can be sure about the best value for money.
- The side panels and Velcro have a tendency to come off.
Duravit Wall Mounted Toilet
Though this is a not-so-much-talked about the brand, there is little doubt that Duravit, over the years they have been able to offer some of the best walls hung toilets. It has some worth-while features and we are happy to share a few of them for the benefit of our readers.
It is a high class and good looking wall mounted toilet and has a stunning and great looking white finishing. It also has other good features including the Dura fix Assembly technique. This helps total, seamless and concealed fixation. It weighs around 52.8 pounds and comes with an overall dimension of 14.1 inches x 19.1 inches x 12.9 inches.
- It is compact, sleek and good looking
- It performs well and it is not too difficult to install.
- It has been liked by dozens of customers with good reviews.
- On the whole, it does offer very good value for money.
- It has a tendency to creak under great weight, otherwise, it is good.
We hope that we have been able to give our readers the required information about the advantages and disadvantages of having a wall hung toilet. It does help in saving space and also helps in making the bathroom look stylish. The above three brands of wall hung toilets are also different in their own functions and features. We hope that it would have given our readers a reasonably good idea about the main things to look for when buying a wall hung toilet.